Website unglobalpulse UN Global Pulse
Deadline to apply: 13 April 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
To support the achievement of its goals, UNOPS is assisting UNGP by recruiting an Administration Associate to help strengthen UNGP’s operational capabilities in support of UNGP’s broader transformation in line with its new Terms of Reference.
This role seeks to i) support the design, development and execution of administrative processes; ii) provide office management and administrative support to UN Global Pulse Finland and the wider UNGP network; iii) assist in the implementation of administrative tools and processes which allow UNGP to be more operationally agile and effective.
The role will involve engagement with procurement, finance, partnerships, legal, HR and operations teams across the UN. It will entail working with a number of internal and external project/portfolio partners and individual experts.
The role is based in Helsinki, Finland. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Administration Manager and execute the following duties:
- Administrative Support
- Finance and Operations
- Office Management
Qualifications and Experience
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
* UNOPS offers flexible working arrangements including the opportunity of remote working. Formal long term remote work at another duty station can be authorized on a no-cost basis, depending on business needs and the role’s requirements. Extended remote working can affect how benefits and entitlements are calculated.
- A secondary education/High school diploma is required.
- A University degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s) or technical diploma, will be considered an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
At least six (6) years of experience in administration or in a related field in a public or private sector organisation.
The following experience is desirable. Candidates who do not have experience in these areas are welcome to apply:
- An understanding of project/programme management.
- Experience in processes and procedures in all or any of the following: HR, Procurement, Budgeting, Partnerships, Office Management.
- The implementation of administrative tools and systems in an international organisation or public sector context