Deadline to apply: 10 May 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Analyst and embedded in the Global Pulse New York team, the incumbent will execute the following duties:
- Support monitoring, research, and analysis (quantitative and qualitative) of political and security developments, human rights, economic and social developments, and humanitarian issues aligned with UN system-wide activities and priorities
- Assist in identifying sources of data, maintaining established records and data sets and the further development of responsive sets of data/indicators
- Assist in preparing visual slides and analytical briefs for cross-pillar and integrated-reporting outputs for senior UN leadership using standard methodology and templates
- Assist in the development of concept notes, project reports, and other high-quality documents on innovation projects and activities
- Participate in meetings and draft minutes/meeting summaries as required
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship. Areas of study include Human Rights, International relations, International Security, and other related disciplines
Internship related experience: (The following skills and experiences are desirable but not required)
- Experience in drafting policy documents and external communication are an asset
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative research are desirable
- Excellent and effective writing skills are an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint are an asset
- Experience in data analysis, visualization skills and proficiency of related software applications (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Adobe Illustrator) are a strong advantage.
** This position is available both as full time and part time role, depending on the candidate’s preference.
Applicants are advised to include a letter of interest indicating their preference: (part time or full time or both)