Publication: Integrating Big Data into the Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Programmes (2016)
Global Pulse publication ‘Integrating Big Data into the Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Programmes’ (published December 2016) reviews the opportunities and challenges for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in an increasingly digital international development context.
The publication is structured into two sections (I) Development evaluation in the age of big data and (II) Guidelines for integrating big data into the M&E frameworks of development programmes.
The first section introduces the data revolution concept and lays out the opportunities and challenges of integrating big data into programme monitoring and evaluation.
- Chapter 1 The data revolution: implications for international development
- Chapter 2 The promise of big data for programme monitoring and evaluation - and the challenges
- Chapter 3 Integrating big data into the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) system
- Chapter 4 Building big data into programme monitoring
- Chapter 5 Building big data into programme evaluationChapter 6 Managing big data inclusive evaluations
Download the PDF, or view online below: