- This event has passed.
Big Data and Climate Change: Caring For Climate Business Forum
7 December, 2015 - 8 December, 2015
(Paris, France) As part of the “Data for Climate Action” programme, UN Global Pulse is organizing a special session at the Caring for Climate Business Forum in Le Bourget at COP21 on Monday 7 December.
Hosted by UN Global Compact, UNEP and UNFCCC secretariat in cooperation with COP21, the Caring for Climate Business Forum provides a venue for over 500 business and investors to meet with governments, civil society and the UN to advance the climate agenda.
The “How Can the Data Revolution Accelerate Climate Action?” session will feature new data philanthropy announcements by companies, alongside a showcase of efforts by the public sector to apply new and open data to accelerate climate action. The session will also consider challenges in developing such an ecosystem of data use, including big data privacy and access, and ways that these challenges have been, and can be, addressed.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mr. Robert Orr, Special Advisor to the UN Secretary-General on Climate Change
- H.E. Amina J. Mohammed, Environment Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- H.E. Rafael Pacchiano Alamán, Secretary of the Environment and Natural Resources
- Dr. John Holdren, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology and Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Mr. Will Marshall, CEO, Planet Labs
- Ms. Anna Pavlova, Vice President of Government Relations, Schneider Electric
- Mr. Nicolas de Cordes, Vice President of Marketing Innovation, Orange Group
- Mr. John Crowley, Project Manager for Data for Climate Action at UN Global Pulse
Session sponsorship generously provided by SAP.
More information on the Caring for Climate Business Forum available here: https://www.unglobalcompact.org/take-action/events/71-caring-for-climate-business-forum
Follow along for updates on social media with #Caring4Climate and #DataforClilmate