- This event has passed.
Big Data and Sustainable Development
14 April, 2016
(New York, USA) The NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business and the Sustainability Practice Network (SPN) will co-host an event on Big Data and Sustainable Development to attempt to discuss and answer the following questions: How can we tap into big data to track progress and modify the status quo? What kinds of data and analytical tools will be relevant to the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda? What trends and practices may be useful and what are the greatest foreseeable obstacles which lie ahead?
- Vasant Dhar, Professor, NYU Center for Data Science; Editor-in-Chief, Big Data Journal (moderator)
- Louis Coppola – Co-Founder, Executive Vice President, Governance & Accountability Institute;
- Kirk Borne – Principal Data Scientist, Booz Allen Hamilton, PhD Astrophysicist;
- Justine Dowden – Data Analyst Center for Sustainable Development, Columbia University;
- Robert Kirkpatrick – Director of the UN Global Pulse initiative
More information at: http://www.stern.nyu.edu/experience-stern/about/departments-centers-initiatives/centers-of-research/center-sustainable-business/conferences-speakers-series-webinars/upcoming-events