- This event has passed.
Internet Governance Forum (IGF) – “Big Data for Development: Privacy Risks and Opportunities”
12 November, 2015
(Joao Pessao, Brazil) The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is an annual multistakeholder, democratic and transparent forum which facilitates discussions on public policy issues related to key elements of Internet governance. On 12 November 2015 at 7:00am EST, Global Pulse will co-host a workshop entitled “Big Data for Development: Privacy Risks and Opportunities?” which will feature the participation of several representatives from the Global Pulse Data Privacy Advisory Group.
Panel members include:
- Marcin de Kaminski, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) – moderator
- Mila Romanoff, Data Privacy & Legal Specialist United Nations Global Pulse
- Rohan Samarajiva, Founding Co-Chair, LirneAsia
- Drudeisha Madhub, Data Protection Commissioner, Republic of Mauritius
- Natasha Jackson, Head of Content Policy, GSMA
- Dr Danilo Doneda, National Consumer Secretariat of the Ministry of Justice of Brazil
- ?Pupilo Lorenzo, Executive Director in the Public & Regulatory Affairs Unit of Telecom Italia
A detailed description of the session is available here: http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/261 and http://sched.co/4c1Z