- This event has passed.
Leveraging Data and AI to Achieve the SDGs While Moving Toward a Global Data Access Framework
21 October at 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM EDT
In line with recommendation 1B of the report of the Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Digital Cooperation, which advocates for the creation of a platform for sharing digital public goods in a manner that respects privacy, the session will discuss ways in which AI and access to quality data can support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Specifically, the session will discuss the technical infrastructure necessary to facilitate access to quality data through the development of the Global Data Access Framework, a multi-stakeholder initiative that aims to enable access to all types of data in a privacy protective manner in order to support the SDGs.
Moderator: Cyrus Hodes, Vice President and Chair of the AI Initiative, The Future Society
- Mr. Robert Kirkpatrick, Director, UN Global Pulse
- Mr. Tayab Waseem, Chief Scientist Officer, CAIAC
- Ms. Ashley van Heteren, Expert Associate Partner, McKinsey
- Ms. Ann R. Akiteng, Deputy Director, Uganda Initiative for Integrated Management of NCDs (UINCD)
- Mr. Dustin Gibson, Assistant Scientist, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
This event is part of the UN Data Forum for which you can register here.