Deadline to apply: 15 September 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will work closely with the communications team and the innovation strategy workstream to contribute to producing communications materials that help streamline UNGP processes.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to support of the following activities:
- Assist with maintaining project management tools and repositories for the communications teams;
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly communications reports;
- Assist with coordinating, scheduling and facilitating Global Pulse lab network meetings and
- Support ongoing communications activities by performing research, and writing and editing content including reviewing reports and other communication products;
- Support website updates by adding and editing content and performing quality assurance;
- Attend meetings, take notes and support brainstorming on new communications methods to promote UN Global Pulse’s strategy and goals;
- Assist with the production of regular external communications including quarterly newsletters;
- Assist with collecting and monitoring digital media analytics and media mentions.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program (or equivalent) or have graduated from with within three months prior to the application date of the internship. Areas of study include Data Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Project Management or related fields.
- Excellent and effective writing skills are an asset;
- Demonstrated experience using project management tools including Trello, Slack, and Miro;
- Experience in Word, Excel, Outlook and Google docs is essential;
- Knowledge and strong interest in data, technologies and communications for international development are highly desired;
- Previous experience with an international organization is an asset;
- Knowledge of data science, data analysis, and/or data visualization will be an advantage.