Deadline to apply: 15 September 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will work closely with the technical team and the communications team to contribute to producing communications materials on various digital innovation projects.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, support of the following activities:
- Assist with condensing technology and data science research findings into accessible multimedia outputs including graphics, multimedia, and data visualizations;
- Assist in the design and implementation of information visualizations about digital innovation, AI tools, and policies;
- Assist in the production of video materials and other trending and appealing communication products that resonate with general audiences;
- Assist with the graphic design of publications, brochures, reports, multimedia content (images, graphics) and other web or print content;
- Provide support in research and analysis of big data sources and social media;
- Assist with reviewing, vetting and testing tools for real time data analytics.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program (or equivalent) or have graduated from with within three months prior to the application date of the internship. Areas of study include Data Visualization, Visual Analytics, Information Science, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Information Design, Engineering, Data Journalism, Graphic Design or related fields.
- Knowledge of interactive data visualization development and information design is an asset;
- Knowledge of research design and investigation methods is an asset;
- Knowledge of multimedia and graphic design is an asset;
- Knowledge of data science, data analysis, and/or data visualization is an asset;
- Experience in using the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and in video editing are an asset;
- Demonstrated experience and interest in visual storytelling, new technologies, data visualization, or data journalism is an asset;
- Excellent and effective communications skills, with experience in developing multimedia communications content and products for different audiences are an asset;
- Knowledge and strong interest in data, technologies and communications for international development are highly desired;
- Multidisciplinary experience in projects that integrate ICTs and social sciences is an asset.