Deadline to apply: 19 October 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
UN Global Pulse (UNGP) is a close-knit innovation and transformation team working across a number of complex development, humanitarian and organizational issues and challenges using mixed-methods approaches. This includes innovation, strategic foresight, data, digital transformation and behavioral sciences approaches. The Creative Specialist – Foresight’s work cuts across the whole portfolio and global network connecting teams and substance, and supports strategic and engagement objectives throughout the foresight process.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand complex issues and communicate these in a clear and relevant way through creative concepts. The Creative Specialist – Foresight is an integral part of the foresight team ensuring the outputs of foresight work are tailored to different audiences, including UN senior leadership and decision-makers. The role focuses on crystallizing the key messages, communicating the insights in a compelling and accessible manner, and by multimedia storytelling. The Creative Specialist – Foresight acts as a creative director/concept designer, and is able to brief and steer creative teams and subcontractors and oversee design, quality and performance of creative outputs. To succeed in this position, the person is keen to inspire and help others, adapts quickly, is experimental, collaborative, prioritizes effectively and has a hands-on attitude.
Under the direct supervision of UNGP Finland Lab Manager and substantive supervision of UNGP’s Deputy Director, the incumbent will execute the following duties:
- Concept Planning
- Creative Direction and Production
- Copywriting and Graphic Design
- Collaboration and Resource Mobilization
Qualifications and Experience
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Master´s or equivalent), preferably in Marketing, Media, Communications, Public Relations, International Development or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: creative direction, planning and concept design, media productions, copywriting, graphic design, user experience or creative roles preferably in humanitarian innovation initiatives.
- Experience in developing and executing content management strategies.
- Experience in managing teams and contractors, preferably in creative and human centered design work.
- Experience in content design, including e.g. developing micro sites, presentation decks, infographics and/or editorial work.
- Experience with social media management and analytics tools.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Fluency in English (write, read, speak) is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.