Deadline: 11 August 2020
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the guidance of the Senior Programme Manager and Chief Data Scientist, the contractor will design and build front-end frameworks and associated software design paradigms for complex data analysis based on natural language processing to support the monitoring and achievement of the Global Goals.
Specific duties include:
- Develop front-end frameworks to manage content analysis tool based on natural language processing;
- Create wireframes, storyboards and prototypes to propose options for implementation;
- Design user-facing elements to respond to the user’s needs;
- Develop corresponding user interface components (web templates, style sheets, scripts, images, etc.) as needed;
- Develop new modules and functionalities based upon agreed upon scope and requirements;
- Develop new features, identify and fix bugs, improve the user experience, and commit code as directed by the project leads;
- General maintenance of the front-end framework to ensure optimum speed and usability;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Responsible for architecting and defining the front-end framework to solve complex designs and interactions that reflect the creative and art direction provide;
Qualifications and Experience
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree), preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
- Two (2) additional years of relevant work experience, in combination with a relevant first level university (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), may substitute for the requirement of a master’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in the graphic design and technical implementation of user interfaces in a web-based environment and experience integrating diverse applications using integration frameworks, web services and APIs are required;
- Proficient knowledge of Python and experience working with cloud providers and products including Amazon Web Services (AWS) and others (Azure, Rackspace, etc.) are required;
- Experience with signal processing/speech processing and Natural Language Processing (NLP) and ability to deploy and maintain software remotely on a Linux or UNIX-like server are an asset;
- Working knowledge of D3.js, Vega-Lite, C3.js, Crossfilter/dc.js, Leaflet.js, Processing.js, CartoDB or a similar package is highly desirable;
- Data analysis skills, particularly text processing and sentiment analysis and/or clustering and classification techniques (Neural networks, k-means, k-nearest neighbors, SVM, SVD, etc.) are desirable.