Deadline to apply: 25 July 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent of this position, in full coordination and collaboration with key internal stakeholders, will help UN Global Pulse align with its new Terms of Reference and better coordinate work between teams in different locations globally. The position will support the core work streams of the Finland lab and work closely with the other labs across the Global Pulse network, to coordinate project work between distributed teams.
Secondly, the position will support a variety of processes that enable projects and approaches to scale, increase adoption, or diffusion within and across the UN System, in field operations as well as at HQ entities.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Programme Manager (Helsinki), with a technical reporting line to the Innovation Strategist (substantive aspects of work) to manage, implement, coordinate and communicate UN Global Pulse’s work in collaboration with partners from the UN system, the private sector and academia. A key priority for this position is to explore ways UN Global Pulse can absorb new approaches more quickly, and more effectively.
The incumbent will ensure that the outputs and outcomes of the role are aligned with and support UNGP’s wider work on innovation, data, futures and foresight, behavioural science and digital transformation.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Knowledge Sharing and Documentation of Best Practices
2. Coordination and Technical Support
3. Analysis and Scaling Support
4. Communication and Partnerships
Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in information systems, computer science, innovation management, international business administration, partnership management, or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in project, product or knowledge management support, particularly in the areas of innovation, data, research, software development, technology, or related field.
- Experience in humanitarian, development or public sector work.
- Experience working with agile project management in a technology development environment.
- Experience with user-centered design.
- Experience in coding algorithms and data analysis methodologies.
- Experience working in the UN context.