Deadline to apply: 18 August 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
UN Global Pulse is recruiting a Partnerships Specialist who will be based in Helsinki, Finland.
The role requirements are: i) to support the implementation and periodically update/refine UN Global Pulse’s (UNGP) Partnerships Strategy; ii) to establish Partnership management processes, systems and rules which will help select and define the nature of UNGP partner engagement; iii) to define the rules and functioning of a potential pooled/multi-donor fund; and iv) to support fundraising efforts for both UNGP’s core and project funding.
The specialist will support and directly contribute to i) UNGP strategic engagement across the UN System, creating and promoting inter-agency collaboration wherever possible; and ii) strategic engagement with external partners including Member States, Regional/international organizations, INGOs/NGOs, Academia, Foundations and the Private Sector.
The incumbent will be primarily accountable to the leadership of the Global Pulse, including the Lab in Helsinki where this post is based and will also report to senior UNGP leadership. The focus of the role will be weighted heavily to defining and establishing internal processes and partnership/fund management systems in the first year. Beyond the first year the focus of the role will shift to more external-facing, while maintaining and managing internal management processes and systems.
The specialist will ensure that the implementation of the Partnerships Strategy and associated internal management processes are aligned across the UNGP Network and will identify internal training/capacity building needs in support of the implementation of the Partnership & Resource Mobilization Strategy. The incumbent will ensure that the outputs and outcomes of the role are aligned with and support UNGP’s wider work on innovation, data, futures and foresight, behavioral science and digital transformation.
The incumbent will continuously monitor needs, trends and developments in partnerships/resource mobilization for UNGP and provide strategic advice, direction, revision, and recommendations for action to the GP Network and UN senior management.
The result of this role will be a fully functioning and effective system / management process in place which will help to deliver and implement UNGP’s Partnership and Resource Mobilization Strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and the global workstream lead (the substantive and strategic aspects of work), the incumbent will execute the following duties:
- Strategy development
- Strategy implementation
- Resource mobilization and partnership development
- Communication and stakeholder engagement
- Internal and cross-UN coordination
Qualifications and Experience
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree) in combination with 2 additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in global development or humanitarian action or peace-building
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in partnerships and/or resource mobilization, preferably in a UN context
Desired Experience: (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply)
- Experience with UN multi-donor/pooled/basket funds