Deadline to apply: 5 August 2021
Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve its goals, UN Global Pulse is looking for a Programme Management Advisor (Monitoring and Evaluation) preferably with experience in innovation and the public sector. The primary responsibility is to create a programme level Theory of Change (ToC) and a Results Framework for the UN Global Pulse network, incorporating the renewed mandate and recently updated Terms of Reference of UN Global Pulse. The ToC, Results Framework and related indicators developed will serve as a foundation for monitoring and evaluation guidelines, processes and project level frameworks within the UN Global Pulse network. Secondly, the Programme Management Advisor (Monitoring and Evaluation) will support the UN Global Pulse´s new foresight workstream – SG Lab Futures Initiative – by developing a detailed logframe and a M&E framework for the initiative which aligns with the UN Global Pulse programme level indicators and outcomes.The Programme Management Advisor (Monitoring and Evaluation) will also support the design of specific project/portfolio level indicators where needed.
The Programme Management Advisor (Monitoring and Evaluation)’s work is expected to support the iterative and innovative nature of UN Global Pulse’s work. An ideal candidate will have an understanding of adaptive assessment approaches for the rapid cycle of pilot experiments that new SG Lab Futures Initiative require, while being able to establish a broader impact results framework for the network of four Labs. He/ she will be able to combine ToC with systems thinking and looks at change not as a linear process, but as a system of feedback loops which informs the evolution of UN Global Pulse’s work. Preferably, the Programme Management Advisor (Monitoring and Evaluation) should also have experience in developing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) approaches for experimental portfolios and/or innovation and/or foresight programmes.
The Programme Management Advisor (Monitoring and Evaluation) is expected to deliver the following activities under the supervision of the Lab Manager at UN Global Pulse Finland, with a technical reporting line to the Programme Manager Specialist (Focal Area Lead in Strategic Foresight).
- Development of UN Global Pulse´s Global Results Framework
- Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for the sub-workstream, SG Lab Futures Initiative
- Donor Reporting Framework for the SG Lab Futures Initiative
Qualifications and Experience
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) preferably in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, International Relations, Organizational Development, Management, or Public Administration or a related field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferably in Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, International Relations, Organizational Development, Management, or Public Administration or other relevant disciplines with a combination of two (2) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of projects/programmes is required.
Desirable: (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply)
- Experience working in diverse country contexts, in the field of technology and/or futures methodologies.
- Working experience with multilateral organizations.
- Previous successful involvement with, and good knowledge of, government, private sector and civil society.
- Excellent skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis, particularly in Results-Based Management evaluations and Theory of Change design.
- Extensive experience in developing logframes/results frameworks and identifying appropriate performance indicators.
- Strong communication and data storytelling skills, and ability to establish good working relationships with colleagues.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.