Deadline to apply: 30 November 2020
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance of UN Global Pulse senior management, the consultant will mobilize resources for the development, deployment and adoption of technology tools by UN partners to support peace and security and will support the formalization of partnerships in this area.
Specific duties include:
- Monitor donor policies, trends and funding mechanisms related to innovation and technology to advance SDG16;
- Conduct assessments and map out opportunities for resource mobilization of current and potential donors and funding windows;
- Provide recommendations and support the implementation of innovative funding opportunities and approaches with partners;
- Develop innovative approaches to donor interactions to be implemented with partners and support maintaining relations with donors;
- Facilitate meetings, sessions and other necessary fundraising activities with donors and partners;
- Draft funding proposals in coordination with partners;
- Provide inputs to and update outreach/publicity materials geared towards partners and donors.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree in International Development, Political Science, Communications and other related fields. Two (2) additional years of relevant work experience, in combination with a relevant first level university (bachelor’s degree or equivalent), may substitute for the requirement of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience in peace building promoting partnerships is required;
- Experience mobilizing resources for UN interagency work on peace and security is highly desirable;
- Experience conducting data analysis and creating data products to support work on peace and security is highly desirable;
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams is desired.