Deadline to apply: 15 February 2021
The consultancy is aimed at leading and taking stock of available digital solutions in the area of MNCH and critically appraise both available and new solutions, including analysing contextual elements, identifying entry points and challenges, with a view to the development of guidelines for digital public goods in the area of MNCH that are both sustainable and scalable in different contexts and paving the way for piloting key projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct a desk review of the available widely utilized digital solutions in developing countries in the area of MNCH.
- Support the scoping for developing countries to prioritize 2-3 countries through in-depth analysis and desk review of available evidence to identify key entry points, opportunities and challenges.
- Facilitate the convening of an expert technical panel of key Finnish, Nordic and international stakeholders in the field of MNCH, digital technologies and international cooperation.
- Draft the guidelines based on consultations with relevant stakeholders among UN agencies, member states with a focus on global south inclusion, INGOs, NGOs and private sector actors.
- Facilitate the validation exercise of the final guidelines including monitoring and validation tools for future projects in line with HLPDC recommendations through stakeholder consultation aiming at national endorsement and integration into national health plans
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in public health, social sciences, political sciences, or related field is required. A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in combination with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in programme management, political advocacy, policy research or research in technology innovation in public health or related area;
- Shown work experience in planning, designing and/or facilitating promotion of digital technology solutions in the areas of public health or a closely related field.
Desirable: (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply)
- Experience in establishing and implementing guidelines, policies and partnerships in the areas of public health;
- Experience in implementing programmes with local and global scope with an international organization;
- An understanding of the Health digital innovation ecosystem;
- An understanding of the global MNCH digital innovation ecosystem is a plus;
- The ability to express complex ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner.