Deadline to apply: 26 June 2022
To achieve its goals, UN Global Pulse Finland is recruiting a Project Management Support – Specialist (Service Design and User Experience) for below 100 days on a consultant agreement.
The role contributes to catalyzing the transformation of the UN system into a more resilient and forward-looking organization. The role will support the development of internal service processes and strategy, and development of a standing foresight offer building on the lessons accumulated during the two-year pilot phase that is ending in Q4 2022. The consultant will support the strategic foresight workstream under the supervision of the Strategic Foresight Lead in the following ways:
I) Documenting foresight experiments for broader use, dissemination and scaling
Refining and documenting the outputs from the early foresight experiments into clear, user-friendly and polished concepts, methods, processes, guidelines, case descriptions and lessons learned that are on-brand and ready for dissemination. The consultant will develop concepts and ideas for foresight products collaborating closely with the foresight team. The role will also apply graphic design and service design approaches to deliver final products and/or brief and oversee the creative work done by a broader creative team.
II) Foresight products / service system development with internal partners
The role will help the foresight team establish its product and service system within a broader organizational context defining key products, processes, roles and operative models. This work will build on the lessons learned through the portfolio experiments. The tasks may include, but are not limited to surveying the user needs and consumption patterns, collaborating with other UN partners around designing synergized offerings, and potentially, the design of back end processes – including testing different tools and platforms – to support and optimize the ongoing foresight and analytics work. The consultant will work closely with the supervisor, UNGP, and UN Secretariat colleagues, including the data ecosystem consultant, to develop an overall strategy and roadmap for the product/service system.
III) Designing interfaces and experiences to enhance coordination, collaboration and visibility
The role will also support the development of structures and processes to enhance coordination and collaboration on strategic foresight activities with a broader ecosystem of contributors. This includes the development of online presence and digital interfaces for co-creation, learning, and accessing the foresight services. The key stakeholders include contributors within the UN Global Pulse network, UN Agencies Funds and Programmes and a broader foresight ecosystem including NGO’s, academia and member state governments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) preferably in Service Design, Web-design, Organisational Development, Innovation Management or other relevant disciplines is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in a related field in combination with two (2) additional years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the following: service design, web design, innovation management, UI and/or UX design, or product development (preferably in digital innovation or foresight context).
Desirable: (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply)
- Experience in working with the United Nations or multilateral organizations
- Strong communication and data storytelling skills
- Experience in working in a startup or internal development/ innovation unit
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (optional) to email@example.com
We will be directly in touch with applicants, however due to high volume will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org