Deadline: 10 August 2020
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
The intern will work closely with the technical team and communications team to contribute to producing communications materials on various data analytics projects.
The intern(s) will execute the following duties:
- Assist with condensing AI and data science research findings into accessible multimedia outputs including graphics, video and data visualizations;
- Assist in the design and implementation of information visualizations about data and policy;
- Provide support in research and analysis of big data sources and social media;
- Assist with reviewing, vetting and testing tools for real time data analytics.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a university programme such as Bachelor, Masters or Ph.D. (or the equivalent) or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the applications date of the internship. Candidates enrolled in a degree programme in Data Visualization, Visual Analytics, Information Science, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Information Design, Engineering, Data Journalism or a related subject is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Interactive data visualization development and information design is an asset;
- Knowledge of research design and investigation methods is an asset;
- Knowledge of data science, data analysis, and/or data visualization is an asset;
- Demonstrated experience and interest in visual storytelling, new technologies, data visualization, or ‘data journalism’ is an asset;
- Excellent and effective skills, with experience in developing multimedia communications content and products for different audiences are an asset;
- Experience in using the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and in video editing are an asset;
- Knowledge and strong interest in data, technologies and communications for international development are highly desired;
- Multidisciplinary experience in projects that integrate ICTs and social sciences is an asset.